Our little Family

Our little Family

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Welcome back little blog

Hello there friends and family!

I've decided to relaunch the blog. I really enjoy writing this thing, so I thought I'd give it another go. Its good to stay in the loop. As many of you know, our first blog, um, went away for a little while. While down in Tucson attending school, Chris and I spent some time apart. After a few roller coaster months, we are happy to report our marriage is back on track and doing well. I've learned a lot in the past two years, one being that life isn't as linear as we'd like it to be. Sometimes it takes you places you didn't anticipate. Also, that marriage is hard work. Grad school, working, roommates and poverty make it even harder. We no longer have to tackle the same obstacles, so things have changed a lot for us and our relationship. For the positive. It has definitely made us stronger.

So a quick update- we left Tucson after graduation and headed to Phoenix. Chris landed a great job in Flagstaff and I had a job 'in theory' in Phoenix. About a week after moving, I got a phone call from a surgeon I'd worked with in Tucson. He was practicing in Phoenix and heard there was an opening in his group. This offer was full time in comparison to the per diem position I was initially offered. After some discussion, Chris and I decided to take the job. It has worked out well so far.

We also took a huge leap and bought a house. After several months of looking, out bidding, and failed offers, we finally found the perfect place. It is 3 beds, 3 baths, and has a fabulous pool. The neighborhood is friendly, clean, and has parks and playgrounds all over. We've made good friends with our neighbors. But most importantly- we got it in time to collect the government stimulus program. Score! Thanks taxpayers!


We put a lot of updating into the house, new floors, lots of paint, tile, and cleaning. After such a crazy and busy period of time, we took a well deserved vacation to Fiji. A place Chris had always wanted to go. It was our first international trip and it was amazing. I'll post a few of my favorite pics soon.

Since then, we've been hanging with friends, working hard, and saving up for next years trips. We are excited to go to Mexico this winter, New Orleans next spring, and possibly a trip to Hawaii in the summer. Fingers crossed!

Whew this seems like a lot of writing so I'll end it for now. More posts of all the mundane details of my new life to come. Until then, know that we couldn't be where we are today without the tremendous help and support from you all. Thank you for your friendship, compassion and love.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the both of you! You guys deserve the best, you worked for it! Love your lil' family, Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww your blog is so cute and so well put! love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete